ZFax Beta Version 0.9.6 - Freeware GPL
Use it on own risk!
Now you can send and receive fax with your zaurus. ZFax is very easy to use, it shares the phonebook with the internal addressbook and/or tkcAddressbook but manual dialing is also available. ZFax comes with a external tiff viewer which can save images in some different formats. ZFax is build for Sharp ROM and OpenZaurus.
Application - please reads the hints section of this page!
The latest build of efax - the author recommends to use this version.
Sourcecode - not very well documented yet ;-)
- ZFax does every system call via shell. If you have problems with ZFax it will be helpfull to start it from a terminal where you may see error messages.
- Because of the shell processing the process management of ZFax is semi optimal. If you start to send or receive a fax, ZFax is starting the fax script and waits 20 seconds for a efax process (the fax script should spawn it soon) - so don't think ZFax is hanging - it is just waiting.
- If you are using a modem card you should choose ttyS03 as the output device - only on this device ZFax ist doing resume and suspend. Otherwise your device may not work!
- The TIFF Viewer needs many memory space (expanded TIFF files are very big) - you should create a swapfile, otherwise the viewer may not work.
- The TIFF Viewer can export TIFF images in many different formats (png, jpg, bmp und xbm) - the format will be determined by the file extension.
- For using irDA devices under OpenZaurus you need the latest IrDA applett.
Work in progress
- English screenshots ;-)
- Log viewer.
- Favorites places editor in the fileselector.
- Converter to convert several image formats (png, jpeg ) to TIFF - which can be used by efax (note, the TIFF Viewer has already convert capabilities, use it if you want).
- Maybe in the future you can fax RTF and HTML Files.